Re: Setting minimum connection rate

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 01:06:19 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Nov 1996, Evan Champion wrote:

> Is there a way to set a minimum connect speed/available protocols on the
> PM3? For example, I'd like to restrict connections to 28.8 and up. In
> the case of analog calls, the server will have to answer all calls, but
> it should just say something like "this server only supports callers at
> 28.8 and up" and hang up.

Most modems (don't know about the pm3) have a setting that lets you
specifiy the minimum connect bps rate. A banner saying "you connected
too slow, upgrade your modem you loser!" would likely require serious
radiusd hacking. BTW...limiting to 28.8+ would be silly. What happens
when I get line noise and only connect at 24000? Do I lose?

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______