Re: Class C subnetting with PM2e & Ascend P25

Bill Lutton (whl@pageplus.com)
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 07:55:45 GMT

Hi Mick,

Let me say at the start that this stuff is still in the category of black
magic for me, but I do have good results connecting with my P75
to my ISP PM...

Under Ethernet/ModConfig/EtherOpt/IP I have the P75's IP address
(with /29 in my case). The machines on the P75's ethernet all
have addresses in this subnet range and have their Gateway
specified as the P75's IP address.

Under Connec/xxx/IpOpts LAN Addr is set to the IP of the remote
portmaster. WanAlias and IF Addr are both 0's.

Hope this helps,
Bill