Re: Telnet Problems

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 13:58:31 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Dennis Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Devron Knowles wrote:
> > I install was flawless, but now I am having a problem telneting into the
> > machine. This problem started about 4 days after the install. I know the
> > PortMaster is working because I can dial right into it no problem. If I
> > then login as !root, I can view the whole machine.
> > Has any one ever experienced this?
>
> Yes... It's happened to me a couple of times. Apparently sometimes a
> portmaster will get a bunch of hung telnet sessions and refuse to open any
> more; everything else just keeps on ticking..
> Either reset it or grab pmfree from Bpmtools.

If you can dial into the machine, you can do a 'show netconn', find the
.23 connections (or whatever the telenet access port is set to), find the
handle (Hnd) number and do a reset on the handle... 'Command> res n<hnd>'

JGT

--
John G. Thompson       Livingston Enterprises Inc.    Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON)              4464 Willow Road                 Fax: (510) 426-8951