Re: Telnet Problems

Dennis Edwards (dedward@cyberstore.ca)
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:44:39 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Devron Knowles wrote:
> I install was flawless, but now I am having a problem telneting into the
> machine. This problem started about 4 days after the install. I know the
> PortMaster is working because I can dial right into it no problem. If I
> then login as !root, I can view the whole machine.
> Has any one ever experienced this?

Yes... It's happened to me a couple of times. Apparently sometimes a
portmaster will get a bunch of hung telnet sessions and refuse to open any
more; everything else just keeps on ticking..
Either reset it or grab pmfree from Bpmtools.
ftp://ftp.aros.net/pub/util/pm/bpmtools.tar

Cheers.
Dennis.

--
Dennis Edwards