Re: PM3 and ISDN Switch Types

Doug McClure (dmcclure@infi.net)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 11:01:15 -0500

At 07:29 AM 11/26/96 -0800, you wrote:
>At 08:27 AM 11/26/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>I have a PM3 set up with 2 PRI's and have been told that the PM3 won't work
>>with the 5ESS switch type (what it's supposed to be set up for) but that it
>>only works in DMS-100.
>
>Who gave you that mis-information? The PM3 supports 5ESS, DMS-100, NET5,
1TR6, NTT, KDD and NI2 switches.

It may *support* it but it doesn't work (with the PM3 I am using). I use
5ESS switch types for 3 other vendor soloutions (which all work), but it
doesn't work with this PM3.

>>Is their a newer versioin of code that I need to get
>>to fix this? I can connect with it set as DMS-100 but the correct switch
>>type is a 5ESS.
>>

>ComOS 3.5 is the latest release. I'd double check the switch type with your
telco rep.

I am using 3.5b8 version. As I said above, it works on three other vendors
equipment, but not on my PM3.

>--Marty

Doug McClure
Network Engineer, InfiNet, LC