Re: 2400 baud support? Get real! (fwd)

Bryan Wann_Stigler_ISP (bcasey@galaxy.galstar.com)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 23:27:19 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, Dick St.Peters wrote:

> You'll find it's not just the cost. If you do bring in BRI from
> Tulsa, your ISDN numbers will be Tulsa numbers. Probably not many of
> your customers could call your Tulsa numbers.

Yep, that's exactly what we're running into. No way around it, unless I
want to call forward (in SWB, requires physical jacks) what I've got now
into a Tulsa PRI, which means I'd be paying for 24 POTS lines and a PRI.
A bit much just to get ISDN and digital service.

But then, if all ISDN for the 918 A/c is going to be coming out of Tulsa, I
could probably just co-locate my ISDN equipment in Tulsa to save a buck.

Channelized T-1 is our only option to get local numbers on a digital
trunk... No ISDN service on it, but we should be able to support 56k
modems through an Ascend box. (Am I right in this thinking?)

Bryan Wann, Owner, CNA, Solaris Sysadmin, BOFH >clickety-click<
CWIS Internet Services http://www.cwis.net
bwann@cwis.net bcasey@galstar.com Stigler, OK