Re: On-going cost effectiveness of PM3?

DamienT (damient@livewire.digicity.net)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 20:27:30 -0800

At 09:33 PM 11/23/96 -0600, you wrote:

<SNIP>
>Unfortunatly creating new products is not exactly like baking a cake,
>it sometimes takes longer than the recipe calls for. As you correctly
>point out my mission is not as critical and if I have to I will
>simply add an additional PM2 and more POTS lines.

Then the cook would best serve the guests by not announcing when
dessert will be ready. Yes, we can add POTS and analog PMs, but such
a stop-gap measure results in thousands wasted.

>Like most others, I reserve the right to comment on any posting made to
>a mailing list to which I subscribe. I trust that concept is not too
>foreign to you. My sensitivity to your posting was because I have been
>in the same spot as Livingston engineers with people pounding on them for
>delivery dates. I was not defending anyone, I don't even know Joe.

Yes, I respect your right to comment and perhaps my testiness was
misdirected. My sensitivity to your comment was based on it's dismissive
nature.

>Oh, my small business is doing quite well, thank you for asking. We just
>upgraded to a FT-1 from a 56K and have 30 modems with 200+ users. We are
>the high priced provider and have continued to grow in a market with
>several services at 1/2 the price.

Congratulations.

>Have a good weekend.

I'd like to, but it doesn't look like I'm off to a good start <g>!

Damien