Re: Modem hanging on a PM2

Jon Lusky (lusky2@earth.voyageronline.net)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 14:53:12 -0500 (EST)

Christian Gatti writes:
> We mainly use USR COURIERS and Multitech(only 4) modems but it happend on
> both the
> couriers and on the multitechs.
>
> For the couriers we use the following init string: AT&F1S0=1M0&W
> For the multitechs we use: AT&FS0=1M0&W0
>
> I cannot reset the port and the phone line is busy when I call it.
>
> Where can the problem be?

Poor design. I have about 1 or 2 Couriers a week do this to me.
The MR light is always off when the modem is hung like this, makes it
easy to scan the racks visually for hung modems. My solution for
unmanned POPs was to switch to MAX4004's.

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929