Re: On-going cost effectiveness of PM3?

Joe Sasek (sasek@livingston.com)
Sat, 23 Nov 1996 10:02:34 -0800 (PST)

To avoid any confusion, Livingston is absolutely committed to supporting
channelized T-1 for dial in. This will come in the form of a free software
upgrade in approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

Best Regards,

Joe Sasek

At 07:51 PM 11/22/96 -0800, DamienT wrote:
>At 08:36 PM 11/22/96 -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:
>>
>>Yeah no kidding.. I really would rather not use an Ascend but use the PM3.
>>But we don't have any ISDN (no BRI or PRI) out here - only channelized-t1
>>at $41/line/month. I really hope Livingston gets channelized T-1 support
>>done within a month or so.. *beg!* :)
>
>I understand perfectly. Unfortunately, to my recollection, the folks
>from Livingston noted that they were "surprised" by all the interest in
>support for channelized T carrier immediately following the initial
>PM3 product announcement.
>
>The focus seemed to be only on ISDN at that point. Kind of a mega-
>upgrade to the PM2 ISDN product. I remember thinking, "Wow, a real
>Ascend killer."
>
>Since then, an IXC has offered us local dialups all over half the
>state at a wonderful rate...provided they can deliver this to us
>over T-1.
>
>So it was bye-bye to PRI and Pac Bell's associated exhorbitant
>pricing...and the PM3...at least for the immediate future.
>

>Damien

Livingston Enterprises, Inc. Joe Sasek
6920 Koll Center Parkway #220 V.P. Sales & Marketing
Pleasanton, CA 94566 joe@livingston.com
http://www.livingston.com/ (800) 458-9966
(510) 426-0770 Phone (510) 426-8951 Fax