Re: On-going cost effectiveness of PM3?

Marty Likier (marty@livingston.com)
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 16:39:38 -0800

At 05:17 PM 11/22/96 EST, you wrote:
>The PM3 is set up to take in either channelized T1 or a PRI line from the
>telephone company and feed each channel to a digital modem and hence to the
>ethernet. My understanding is that this would replace the individual phone
>lines, modems, and PM2's with the appropriate number of serial ports to handle
>the modems. In other words, 24 phone lines, modems, and the entire PM2 would
>be replaced by one channelized T1 and a PM3 with 24 modems (3 modem cards).

Today the PM3 only supports PRI and channelized T1/E1 for synchronous WAN
routing over fractional leased line and frame relay circuits. Dial-up
support for channelized T1 will be a future (free) ComOS upgrade.
--Marty
Marty Likier Livingston Worldwide Headquarters
Product Marketing Mgr. 6920 Koll Center Pkwy #220
(800) 458-9966 Pleasanton, CA 94566 USA
(510) 485-6794 (510) 244-1903 (FAX)
marty@livingston.com Web: www.livingston.com