Re: p25 <--> PM2e mp wo/ huntgroup

alexm@agetech.net
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 09:16:45 -0500

Simon Nuthall wrote:

> Which way do you need to go on the dialing?
>
> ----------
> > From: Alex Mail <alexm@agetech.net>
> > To: Simon Nuthall <simon@livingston.com>
> > Cc: Paonia Ezrine <paonia@exon.massart.mass.edu>;
> portmaster-users@livingston.com
> > Subject: Re: p25 <--> PM2e mp wo/ huntgroup
> > Date: Thursday, November 21, 1996 7:41 AM
> >
> > I had this same thing happen to me with an ascend 50. How does the PM
> > know to call bcak the number to establish a link and how do I set the
> > ascend to send only one directory number. I would preffer to have only
> > one way link but I have seen this strange behavior before.

> ask
> done
> > > >

> > > The P25 can only dial 1 number, so without a huntgroup on the 2e it
> will
> > > NOT be able to achieve 128K (2 channels). The 2e with ComOS 3.3.2 and
> up
> > > is able to dial multiple numbers from it's location table which would
> allow
> > > you to dial each individual number on the P25.
> > >
> > > One exception would be if your switch type is 5ess-ptp, then you would
> get
> > > a successful connection with both channels. The reason for this is the
> > > 5ess-ptp will share the same number for both channels unlike any other
> US
> > > switch type.
> > >
> > > WITHOUT a huntgroup:
> > >
> > > P25 --------> PM2e w/5bri = 64K
> > >
> > > P25 <-------- PM2e w/5bri = 128K
> > >

> > > WITH a huntgroup:
> > >
> > > P25 --------> PM2e w/5bri = 128K
> > >
> > > P25 <-------- PM2e w/5bri = 128K
> > >
> > > This is how you would set the location table up to dial two numbers:
> > >
> > > add location hq
> > > set location hq on_demand ( automatic | manual )
> > > set location hq destination _________ (same IP address as used for
> > > gateway)
> > > set location hq netmask 255.255.255.0
> > > set location hq idletime 2 (2 to 240 minutes, do NOT use 1)
> > > set location hq group 2
> > > set location hq username ________ (your username on hq)
> > > set location hq password ________ (your password on hq)
> > > set location hq telephone _______&_______ (2 ISDN phone# 's of hq)
> > > set location hq maxports 2
> > >

> > > If this is not clear take a look at our appnotes page for this tech
> note :
> > >
> > > http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Appnotes/app.ISDN-oru-quicksetup.shtml

I want a pipeline 50 to call my portmaster on both channels. I did get
it to work once by using a trick someone showed me on the ascend in
which first it establishes a 64k connection then it uses a backup to
call the second channel.

I would like a better way to it and what a pain in the butt with all
those static routes!!!!!!