Re: Trumpet and RADIUS ?

Robert Boyle (robert@garden.net)
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 07:12:53 -0500

At 10:53 PM 11/14/96 +1100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We are currently experiencing a problem with our new Livingston PM2 (30
port).
>We are using RADIUS version 1.6 and Solaris. When a Trumpet Winsock user
>(version 2.0, and the Manual Login option) dials up and their account is
>on the RADIUS database on our Sun, the PM2 refuses to allow the user to
>enter their password. The user can enter the username, then the PM2
>refuses to acknowledge this, sits there for a couple of seconds, the
>responds with the message "Host Currently Unavailable".
>
>However when the user's account is on the internal portmaster database,
>there is no problem. The user can enter both username and password,
>start PPP and get an IP address assigned. At the moment we are unable
>to connect Windows 3.11 Trumpet Winsock users except my adding them to
>the internal PM2 database.
>
>Does anyone have any idea why we are getting this problem ? This happens
>when we run Trumpet Winsock 2.0 (16 bit) from Windows 3.11 and Windows 95.
>
>Note that we have no problems with other dialler products, including RAS
>(NT 4.0), Win95 dialup networking, Mac, Linux, etc.

Now that's really weird. It should be consistent across platforms, but
check this out anyway. Maybe MZ can explain why the difference in
authentication methods - maybe PAP or CHAP automatically assumes security
on, while a login prompt needs to have it explicitly stated?

Did you remember to:

set all security on

-Robert