Re: ISPs in trouble? (fwd)

Ed Longstrom (edl@rock.spectra.net)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:27:03 -0500 (EST)

Sorry to extend this thread, but this may be informative.

The following is an excerpt from nwfusion.com.

Cady cited increased use of fax machines, second and third
lines, pagers and a host of other services
contribute to the
load. In fact, she said, Pac Bell just sent her
a letter at home
offering to give her another phone line for just
$11.25 per
month and five free months of Internet service.

"On the one hand, they're arguing that ISPs are
terrible," she
said, "and on the other, they're running around
trying to get
new business for the Internet part of their
company."

She also said Netcom has tried to work with the
local phone
companies to find ways to reduce the load.

Ed

ps: The phone co. complains about "clogging" up the switches? I do
believe that's what one reason Centrex was developed.

| e-mail: elongstr@spectra.net |
| WWW: http://www.spectra.net/~elongstr |
| Voice: 607-798-7300 |
| Fax: 607-798-8305 |