Re: ISPs in trouble? (fwd)

Dan Graupman (graupman@elnet.com)
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:17:11 -0600 (CST)

I'm still in the dark here as to what exemption you are refering to. It
seems that this thread started appearing in mid conversation. Could
someone forward the original message to me? Or relevant information so
that I have better idea what this thread is refering to, and if it does
actually apply to me.

Thanks.

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Martin G. Bayerle wrote:

> No, we hadn't seen the Inside Washington piece; thanx for forwarding it
> to us.
>
> The telcos have for years hollered about the exemption for ISPs but,
> fortunately, the large ISPs (AT&T, Compuserve, AOL) - for their own
> interests - have consistently beaten down the LECs on this issue. They,
> generally, were also the only ISPs to take advantage of the exemption
> (because they were, generally, the only ISPs who knew about it).
>
> So, we do have the resources of the major ISPs, at least on this issue,
> in alignment with the interests of the ISP industry as a whole.
>
> MGB/IDEA

Dan Graupman
Electro Link Network, Inc. graupman@elnet.com
P.O. Box 711, 109B E. North St., Phone: 1-630-365-0807
Elburn, IL 60119-0711 http://www.elnet.com