Re: Performance

Jon Lusky (lusky2@earth.voyageronline.net)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 01:35:07 -0500 (EST)

MegaZone writes:
> Once upon a time John Keown shaped the electrons to say...
> >both in Livingston favor. Performance and support Ascend wins hands down. It
>
> I'm very curious about this. Why do you say they have better performance?
> In our testing, and in testing reports from independent labs, we outperform
> them. Actually, several other models outperform them. The PM-3 has yet to
> undergo outside testing, but out tests indicate it outperforms the MAX too.
>
> Have you dont testing that indicates they have higher performance?

===
-From http://www.ascend.com/service/faqs/faq-16/faq16-109.html

Question:

Can I get 4.5Mbps through put if I have 3 T1's on the MAX?

Answer:

The Max will allow 1.5Mbps maximum throughput. Multiple T1's do not enhance
performance higher than single T1 speed.
===

What the max throughput on a PM3? Will it follow Livingston tradition
of being able to run all the ports full-throttle simultaneously?
If so, it will majorly put the Ascend and (still vaporware?) Cisco
to shame.

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929