Re: Need modem recomendation

Nick Seraphin (nick@homer.eaglequest.com)
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 00:55:52 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Jacob Suter wrote:

> If it wasn't for the soon-to-be-released PM3, I'd have already
> started making racks for my Cardinals...

I wish I could use the PM3's, but I can't even touch them. All my
incoming lines are POTS/Analog service (individual lines). The PM3
*requires* that your lines come in over channelized T1/PRI.

Channelized T1/PRI is 2-4 times more expensive here than regular phone
lines, on a per line basis... not to mention that you have to add 24
lines at a time to get the lowest price per line.

Like I said, I wish I could use the PM3... but I can't. :-(

I'll probably go with the Microcom ISPorte before the end-of-the-year
rebate expires.

-- Nick

Nick Seraphin nick@eaglequest.com
President http://www.eaglequest.com/
EagleQuest, Inc. (810) 650-4700
Internet Access Services Rochester, Michigan