Re: Need modem recomendation

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 21:58:25 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Nick Seraphin wrote:

> heard/read about them... and I look forward to testing them. We looked
> at the USR MP boxes, but 2 things bothered me... first, you have to buy
> 16 modems at a time. Second, if one modem goes bad, you have to send all
> 16 modems back for repair because they're in one box. Not to mention the
> fact that the ISPorte is alot cheaper, too.

That reminds me. With the USR, a reasonable warranty (like cross-shipped
replacements for dead units) is extra...sort of like SmartNet with Cisco.
With the MP/16, I think it might be possible to remove one 8-port
card...but it's certainly not hot swappable.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______