Re: your mail

Mike Taylor (taylor@syrinx.jeffnet.org)
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 14:53:46 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Jacob Suter wrote:

> Got a friend that wants to basically 'multilink' two 33.6k
> connections to gain bandwidth. Their provider is using Portmasters,
> and they are currently using FreeBSD for a router, but have an extra
> box that they can crank linux on. The only thing I could think of
> doing is putting a FreeBSD box at their ISP's side and running OSPF
> between them, but thinking about that I think that won't even work.

Put up a linux box, compile the kernel for EQL (load balancing) and
ethernet, optimized for routing. Then just use the linux box as a gateway.
You also need the EQL driver. There is a HOW-TO in the kernel sources I
think.

+--ooO-(_)-Ooo--oo0-(_)-0oo--ooO-(_)-Ooo--oo0-(_)-0oo--ooO-(_)-Ooo--+
| NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER |
| mailto:support@friendly.jeffnet.org Voice # 800-876-8797 |
| http://jeffnet.org/linuxisp 541-776-3283 |
| Mike Taylor - Network Services Manager |