Re: new win95 4.009.50B PAP broken ???

Robert Hanson (roberth@cet.com)
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 00:22:46 -0800 (PST)

if the ip side is setup properly... then it sounds like hardware flow
control...

start/settings/control panel/system/device mgr/ports/whaetver port/

set speed to 57600 or whatever and hardware flow control...

if you have a plug and pray modem and you do not get a com port entry here
then i suggest hard jumpering the modem and reinstall modem driver
software... if it is not hard jumperable... good luck... 50/50..... can
you say... winmodem? bwahhhhhhhh!

funny thing though... it's appears to be about 50/50 with them yet my best
friend just bought one and it is the best working WINmodem aka kinda modem
he has ever had... just doesnt work under does with standard term
program....

other things to check...

disable wins on tcp/ip dialup adapter under control panel/networks...

make sure in the DUN that only tcpip is enabled and that netbui and ipx
protocol are disabled...

--->
Robert H. Hanson Cutting Edge Communications, Inc.
Otis Orchards, Wa. Regional Commercial Internet Service Provider
(509) 927-9541 email: roberth@cet.com - http://www.cet.com/