Re: Instant web creation

Dale T. (tech-djt@athenet.net)
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 13:48:21 -0600

You might want to put together some cgi scripting that handles the entire
deal. Our ISP (AthEnet.net) is working on that right now. The user simply
picks what type of headers they want with radio buttons, enters the text to
go along with them. They also choose from some background images, and
sample page layouts, etc. It queries the system with their username and
password before the submission of the page. If they pass the test, it
copies the .html files, with images, to their public_html directory.
A little bit of cgi coding, but it is very functional. They can't do as
much as if they knew how to do it themselves, but it is a start.

If you want the coding and pages when we are done, let me know. (via direct
e-mail).

Hope this helps,
:)

At 01:55 PM 11/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>sysop@nconline.com wrote:
>>
>> AL>I am looking for something that runs in Windows NT or Linux(preffered)
>> AL>that users can creat web pages on the fly without having to know anythin
>> AL>of HTML. Ask a few question, scan a few clipart and viola, web page is
>> AL>created. Anyone have an idea?
>>
>> How about Front Page?
>>
>> Gary
>> MtnMail V1.00:
>> A Macintosh : Something that SHOULD be eaten!
>

>works good when you put in the extension, but I am talking about the
>Linux box and there are no such things as Front page server extensions
>for Apache. I would just like a simple fron end HTML page to make users
>happy with easy web pages.

Dale T.

tech-djt@athenet.net
-AthEnet-Client-Services-Supervisor->

"Imagination sets us free to be just what we want to be."