Re: USR 28.8

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 23:46:57 -0500 (EST)

Kevin:
Our standard answer to that problem starts with "Now open the nearest
window and make sure there are no pets, children or anyone else standing
nearby who can be hurt by a flying modem...". There are some USR Sportster
28.8's which will have problems with such connections. If the line is
perfect, they will connect, if not, they will either lose it on retrain or
never make it in at all. Have them set their serial baud rate to 19200 and
call USR.

Chuck