Re: Need modem recomendation

Nick Seraphin (nick@homer.eaglequest.com)
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:37:35 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Jon Lewis wrote:

> If not, I need to get something else, and am trying to decide between USR
> MP stuff and the new Microcom ISPorte. I have to MP boxes at another POP,
> and they seem rock solid. How reliable have the ISPortes been so far?

Although I haven't personally used them yet, I know we will be switching
to the Microcom ISPorte's soon for all our modems as soon as we can work
it into our budget. So far, I'm really impressed with everything I've
heard/read about them... and I look forward to testing them. We looked
at the USR MP boxes, but 2 things bothered me... first, you have to buy
16 modems at a time. Second, if one modem goes bad, you have to send all
16 modems back for repair because they're in one box. Not to mention the
fact that the ISPorte is alot cheaper, too.

Good luck...

-- Nick

Nick Seraphin nick@eaglequest.com
President http://www.eaglequest.com/
EagleQuest, Inc. (810) 650-4700
Internet Access Services Rochester, Michigan