Re: USR 28.8

MIX System Operator (sysop@mixcom.com)
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 17:34:35 -0600

At 06:01 PM 11/6/96 GMT, you wrote:
>One of our users has a USRobotics Sportster 28.8 V.34 V.32
>We have a PM with Microcom modems.
>The Modems won't establish a connection. It just says, "connecting".
>We have tried changing the baud-rate and using at&c1 and at&f as the
>init strings.
>Does anyone have any clues?

at&f1&m5

&f1 Hardware flow control template
&m5 ARQ mode

You want HW and I like to lock ARQ for the user end. Nothing like a non-ARQ
28.8 connection..... for about 2 minutes. 8-)

What I have witnessed is that my 28.8 int Sportster does not like talking to
our Microcom Desporte Fast modems. No problems connecting, but speeds would
be low and reliability was not there. Do note that these are about 2 years
old and were some of the first to get v.34.

Jeff Mountin
sysop@mixcom.com

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990

Sure my business card says "Senior Network Administrator"
They still make me do just about anything.