Re: RFE: Resetting stats on PM2 (fwd)

John G. Thompson (jgt10@livingston.com)
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 08:34:13 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Jason Marshall wrote:

> > Are there any plans to have this in the future? I do the 'clear counters'
> > on Cisco and when a port shows errors like frames and spurs, it sure would
> > be nice to clear without rebooting, especially during busy hours.
>
> For those with the power, if this isn't an RFE already, please make it
> one. It should be terribly simple to allow a couple counters to be zeroed
> -- or ANYTHING to be zeroed for that matter.

Yes, it is terribly easy, if you don't care about SNMP operation, which
about the 2nd or 3rd most requested RFE.

Yes, there are other methods of handling the clear counter situation and
engineering is getting dinged about it frequently.

JGT

--
John G. Thompson      Livingston Enterprises Inc.    Phone: (800) 458-9966
JOAT(MON)             6920-220 Koll Centre Pkwy.       Fax: (510) 426-8951