RE: telnet to modems

Rich Adamson (adar0@routers.com)
Mon, 4 Nov 96 15:36:04 CST

Bob,
The easiest way is to log into the portmaster as !root, then telnet
to the address of the portmaster (yes), then "attach s3" if that's
the port with the modem. Any keystrokes issued following that will
be sent to the modem.
When you're done, hit the ^] (control right-bracket) and you'll
exit to the portmaster telnet session.
If you don't telnet to the portmaster as noted above, you will not
be able to drop your 'attach' session to that serial port.
The above has worked for us several times across a fairly large
wide area network without problems.
Rich
adar0@routers.com

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------