Re: Portmaster to BBS

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 19:35:51 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Prof Jake Messinger wrote:

> Hmm, what about converting the BBS to a unix/linux operating system? Then
> connectg it to the internet 24/7 and telnet to it? Lots of people use the
> galacticomm package to do this. THen they buy a PM 11 from me, and they
> can still have multiple dial-ups.

Actually, with Worldgroup (Galacticomm), Major TCP/IP & RADIUS Server
(Vircom), you can have your entire BBS run off a Portmaster. You can even
do automatic billing ($10/20 hours, $1.00 each additional, etc) done
through certain billing software available. Nothing HAS To be Unix in the
setup anymore. Plus you have the added features of having a BBS as well.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.