Re: /etc/remote entry for /ttyrf

Damien T. (damient@livewire.digicity.net)
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 08:17:50 -0800

At 10:19 PM 10/31/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Prof Jake Messinger wrote:
>
>> I like to thing of myself as a portmaster MASTER.

> ^^^^^^^^^^
>What a tough crowd I've gone and subscribed myself to.
>
>I know I'm a newbie to this field so how about a little help
>regarding my question, for a new portmaster USER.

Hi Walt -

It's not that tough of a crowd, and the joke wasn't really meant
to be at your expense. If I'd had an answer, I'd have passed it
along.

In the last couple of weeks, the list has had a few knock-down, drag
out threads (i.e. FreeBSD vs Linux and Mr. Greenwell vs Mr. Megazone
come to mind) so a bit of flip humor is appropriate at times.

No doubt, someone will be able to answer your question. Unless your
PortMaster is actually broken, you'll probably find that this list is
a good source of tech support. That's been my experience in any case.

Damien