Re: Radius on Linux

Jerry Russell (jerry@ddi.digital.net)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 10:40:58 -0500

>From owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com Wed Nov 29 10:27 EST 1995
>From: Mark Shapiro <mark@courage.wonder.org>
>Subject: Radius on Linux
>To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
>Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 10:22:31 -0500 (EST)
>
>> I am using UNIX password for authentification on radius. This works fine
>> over Linux 1.3.2 but don't work over IRIX 5.3.
>> Has anyone make a patch for this authentification?
>
>Actually, I'm using UNIX password for authentication on Linux 1.3.30 right
>now, and it works wonderfully. There's just one teeny tiny problem. My
>users file is getting large, and I'm getting lots of messages in my syslog
>about dropping duplicate requests. I'd love to go to DBM support, but when
>I tried, RADIUS didn't work at all! Does anyone know anything about this?
>
>Thanks,
> -Mark Shapiro

Why let your user file get BIG ? We eliminated over 3000 users in it simply
by making the PPP login the default. Now all we have to add to the user file
are special accounts, like terminal accounts, UUCP etc.
radius scans the user file and if it doesn't find the user there it applies
the DEFAULT.
Our user file went from 842k down to 24k ! Makes a BIG difference !

worked for us, your milage may vary !

Regards,

Jerry Russell
_\\|//_
(-0-0-)
| Jerry Russell, Staff at FLORIDA ONLINE. 3815 N US 1, #59, Cocoa, FL 32926 |
| 407-635-8888 voice, 1-800-676-2599 (toll free), 407-635-9050 fax |
| jerry@digital.net |
| "QUARTERDECK INTERNET SUITE" FLORIDA ONLINE's Official Software ! |
|| ||
ooO Ooo