Re: Assigning IP addresses (fwd)

Robert Hanson (roberth@cet.com)
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 00:52:12 -0800 (PST)

for dialin and dialout do you mean from a term program or from a network
ppp login here... isnt there a way to assign an ip to a basic login and
relate it to a ttyXX or something if you recompile or config the opsys
(say linux) to know that a dialup text login and/or a ppp login should get
the same ip on that port if in relationship to a TTY? seems possible yet i
dont truly know.