Re: Modem Problem

Greg Merrell (greg@netuser.com)
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 07:28:27 -0800 (PST)

pjh@mccc.edu wrote:
>I have one user who says that as soon as his modem connects
>with any one of the 10 modems on my PM, it drops carrier.
>
>He insists that he can connect to lots of other sites
>(BBSes, Compuserve, AOL, etc.) with exactly the same setup.
>
>What shall I tell him to look at?

One common problem I've found is that they don't allow quite long enough for the
handshake to complete. Try setting S7=60 at the front of the dialing string. It
can't hurt and it's fixed a number of users' problems for me.

Greg

Greg Merrell Internet: greg@msm.com
MSM Company Internet Services Voice: +1-408-253-0970
Cupertino, CA Fax: +1-408-253-0590