Re: ...programming question.

Leo Savage (leo@esva.net)
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:10:36 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Phil Jensen - News Administrator wrote:

> Hi guys. I'm having a problem with a little shell program I wrote
> a couple of days ago. I have successfully developed a multiple
> login preventer, but my boss would like something that is a little more
> flexible. My boss requires that this script be able to read from
> a file of users that can have multiple logins. The below awk/shell
> program will only support those login names in which you specify
> in the script. Is there anyone who can help me with this? Thanks.

That gets asked a lot. Are you using RADIUS? If so, I think Merit
RADIUS will do that, and I know ESVAnet RADIUS does it. So if you're
using Merit RADIUS check the docs, and if you're using Livingston RADIUS
take a peek at ours at:

ftp://ftp.esva.net/pub/radius-esva.tar.gz

It let's you define a "Sessions" check value for each user.

--