Re: Where is the linux software?

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 17:34:58 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Jeff Carneal wrote:

> Please do not crucify me for a question that has been asked a bazillion
> times I'm sure, but I just bought a PM2E comm server and need to know where
> to find software (either CLI or X) that will work on lixux (kernal 1.1.x).
> I'm sure it's out there since linux is very widely used by isp's, but I have
> no clue where it would be. Thanks for any forthcoming help.

Linux software isn't out yet (as far as I know?!). You can definatly do
anything and everything you need to do to the PM through the comand line
prompts. BSD/OS isn't supported so I have to set up mine through the CLI,
and personally, I prefer the quick-and-easy text approach to the pretty
little windows. Speaking of windows, if you need the nice interface, you
can get PMConsole for Windows and do it that way..

Chris

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ New pager number: 904-412-4241 Office: 904-375-8658 ]