Re: Wierd PortMaster Glitch (fwd)

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 19:45:11 -0500 (EST)

Brian:
OK, now that's interesting. If you remember our discussion about the
problem with the RADIUS server not being able to send information back to
the PortMaster. The cure was to reboot the RADIUS server, or (as another
person apparently did) reset only that ethernet interface on the RADIUS
server.
The symptoms we had on that previous occasion were that the
authentication requests were being received by the RADIUS server, but the
PortMaster couldn't hear the responses.
Does it appear that there is a pattern here?

I'll try killing and restarting radiusd next time and get back to you
with the information. It might be a few weeks till it happens again.
(Unless someone else has this happen again to them. - Copy guys?)

Chuck Scott, Pres.
Freeway, Inc.
cscott@freeway.net