Re: Radius for NT *sighlet*

Chris B. Wilson, VectorNet (cbw@vector.net)
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 12:23:04 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Jonah Barron Yokubaitis wrote:

> After reading all this...i am rethinking using Livingston as my terminal
> server of choice....Livingston is showing me less and less reasons to
> stay with them. I already know that CISCO makes bettere terminal
> servers..just waiting on RADIUS.

I guess I shouldn't tell you who make's CISCO's terminal servers..

> I run an ISP as do most of the people on this list, and to STAY
> competitive we have to have *good* customer service and technical support
> people answering the phones most of the day. I remember the 1 time we had
> an emergency we had to wait 4+ hours to talk to someone at livingston.
> Hell, my $9.95/month accounts don't have to wait more than 2 minutes.
>
> What is the deal livingston ? Get with the program and fire this
> 'megazone' kid. He is bad for the company and is hurting livingston.
> Get someone on this list that will respond to customers LIKE they are
> CUSTOMERS rather than some asshole posting to the list.

How wrong you are. When I needed help with setting up a filter at 11PM,
guess who was available to help. I also think that it should be possible
for someone who WORKS for the company to speak without having his words
taken as being the words of the 'company collective'.

Chris

[ Chris B. Wilson http://www.vector.net/~cbw ]
[ Gateway Telecommunications, Inc./VectorNet cbw@vector.net ]
[ New pager number: 904-412-4241 Office: 904-375-8658 ]