Re: std.ppp vs std.ppp.in and other questions

Leo Savage (leo@esva.net)
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:54:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Chris Schmidt wrote:

> I'm looking at the example user file while trying to setup a user for a
> permanent IP address and I have a couple of questions.

Having spent yesterday going over the radiusd sources, I have an answer
or two.

> What is the difference between std.ppp and std.ppp.in?

If you tell it to use the "std.ppp" filter for a user, then it uses
"std.ppp.in" on inbound and "std.ppp.out" on outbound.

> Why does "steve", the first example in the users file, have a "," after
> "std.ppp" but "peg", further down, does not have a comma after "std.ppp.in"?

No reason. The parsing code breaks on commas and whitespace between
attribute/value pairs. Insert commas if you like, or leave them out.
Also, values can be quoted or not, as you wish.

> Why does "steve" have a netmask of 255.255.255.0 and a routing of
> Broadcast-listen and "peg" has 255.255.255.255 and no broadcast?

Because "steve" can broadcast routing and "peg" cannot? It looks from
here like "steve" is a dialin subnet with a router (perhaps a PM-2eR) and
"peg" is a normal caller.

--