Re: Todays strangeness (Login problem) (fwd)

Matthew N. Dodd (winter@jurai.net)
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 19:06:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz wrote:
> Once upon a time Matthew N. Dodd shaped the electrons to say...
> >Another thing to add... when I dialin and login as !root, any attempt to
> >telnet or rlogin from the command prompt is rewarded with "Access Denied"
>
> That sounds more like the hosts are blocking connections from the PM...

Thats what I thought too, but tcpdump shows no traffic that would
indicate this. Logging in as !root on the dialup and using "telnet" or
"rlogin" at the command prompt, gives "Access Denied" as well. Telneting
to the terminal server from the network and using telnet and rlogin works
though. Strange.

| Matthew N. Dodd | winter@jurai.net | http://www.jurai.net/~winter |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net |
| InterSurf Online | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|