Re: Sun4 and Radius

Leo Savage (leo@esva.net)
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:00:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 1995, Kevin M Lynn wrote:

> I've got a question on the sun4 and radius.
>
> My system uses the shadow passwords by way of the
> /etc/security/passwd.adjunct file.
>
> If I set during compilation to use the shadow password file I get a
> message saying it can't find shadow.h. If I don't it compiles ok.

I have the same problem with BSD/OS. BSDI says they do not use shadow.h
and the getspnam() function Livingston RADIUS is looking for, and that
instead the standard getpwnam() etc. functions return the proper password
if you are UID zero, or "*" otherwise. Seems a more reasonable approach
to me. I haven't gotten around to hacking radiusd yet, tho.

For now I've compiled radiusd without shadow passwords, and it seems to
work except that "Password = UNIX" will of course not work.

Only thing is that shell accounts also do not work. I have no idea if
they are related, but it's the next thing to try in my head-scratching
confusion.

--