Re: more aaaaaagghh.

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@crocker.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 08:23:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> I was just in the middle of upgrading a PM2 which has to go out the
> door tomorrow, when my Ethernet broke and pminstall went bye byes. Now
> when I try and start the PM2, it gets an invalid checksum on the flash
> and tries to boot from the net ...

Read the PM Manual, Even though its really bad it does have a section of
how to reset the flash to factory settings.
> P.S. Why does this crap always happen at 3.30am?

Because you do it at 3:30am ?

Try doing it at a normal hour and you won't have that problem. Then your
question would just be 'why does this crap always happen?'

;-)

-Matt

-Matthew S Crocker "The mask, given time, comes
matthew@crocker.com to be the face itself." -anonymous
*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*OS/2*
*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*linux*