Re: $200 modem advice...

Chris Woods (cjwoods@nosferatu.usa1.net)
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:08:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, jeff wheat wrote:

> What seems to be your experiences with the cardinal 28.8's? I have heard
> from a few people nothing but good things. I'm curious to know the problems.

This is our experience as well. We use nothing but Cardinal here anymore.
It was rated (albeit in a Micro$oft^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HZiff-Davis
publication) as the single best modem for your money, wrt compatibility
and variety of other modems that will connect to it. We found this to be
true, and the only modems that seem to have problems connecting to it are
Boca and Zoom, and in many cases we are able to get the caller's Zoom to
work.

Chris Woods Senior System Administrator USAinternet, Inc.
GCS/CM/IT d- s++:+ a- C++++$ ULS++++$ P+++$>++++ L++++$ E W$ N+ !o
K++ !w--- !O !M-- !V-- PS+? !PE !Y+>++ PGP+ t+@ !5 X !R tv? b+ DI++
cjwoods@usa1.net http://www.usa1.com 508-774-4700