Re: Livingston Support and Service Haaaaa (fwd)

Phil Jensen - System Administrator (phil@sierra.valleynet.com)
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 17:14:56 -0700 (PDT)

I can top this one. On Friday, we established a POP in a remote city.
Being my first experience with Frame Relay -- I was extremely impressed
with the ease of setup of our pm2er. We had a moderate problem
with this, though. The flash ROM was corrupt on the box, and I
called with an "urgent - system down" remark, and I was called back in
roughly four hours. One thing I must say though: it was 6:00 PST. My
twin brother and I spent OVER four hours on the phone with Carl Rigney
(cdr@livingston.com). He recompiled a vanilla RADIUS several times,
looked at ours, and seconded our diagnosing on the faulty Portmaster. He
just -didn't- give up. We are going to call Monday for an RMA on it -- but
we have a spare pm2er, so my twin brother went out and replaced it today.

I can't say how grateful I am to Carl and Livingston for the quality
support they offer -- for free. It's also nice to know someone is working
"overtime" when I'm working overtime. Thanks guys.

Phil Jensen _\\|//_
System Administrator (-0-0-)
ValleyNet Communications - Central California's Premier Internet Provider
Voice: (209) 486-VNET (8638) 2300 Tulare, Suite 100
Fax: (209) 495-4940 Fresno, CA 93721-2226
Data: (209) 495-4950 http://www.valleynet.com