Re: Trouble with Mac user using Open Transport

Paul Guzyk (paul@InfoHouse.com)
Fri, 6 Oct 95 19:14:54 -0400

>On Fri, 6 Oct 1995, Kevin L. McBride wrote:
>
>> I have a Mac user who is trying to get connected using the Open
>> Transport stuff that comes with MacOS 7.5.2.
>>
>> He gets the PPP link up and can get stats from MacPPP showing that
>> the IP address, gateway address, DNS address, etc. are all OK.
>>
>> MacTCP Watcher, however, cannot ping through the connection.
>
>does not work with opentransport

Open Transport on the new Mac's is useless. Apple will not have it fixed
anytime soon.

Have your user toss out "TCP/IP" and the two open transport extensions that
have the word "internet" in them.

Then install old fashioned MacTCP (2.04 or 2.06) and MacPPP 2.2.0
(you must use MacPPP 2.2.0)

Everything will be happy. We have many users using this solution.

Paul Guzyk

Paul Guzyk New York City's
TunaNet/InfoHouse Most Mac Friendly
(212) 229-8224 (main) Internet Provider