Re: "Connecting" (fwd)

Steve Davies (steve@iafrica.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 17:09:23 +0200 (GMT+0200)

On Mon, 2 Oct 1995, David Carmean wrote:

> What I usually see is that the user has somehow turned on
> PAP or CHAP, when all we're using is RADIUS with Unix password. It's
> common enough that it's the first thing I have them check now with this
> symptom. I forget the exact messages given in this debug mode, but they're
> obvious when you see them.

You've mentioned this a couple of times - and it really confuses me. The
Portmaster's support PAP and CHAP - this is how most of our users
authenticate themselves.

e.g. with Win95 you simply fill in the user id and password and no script
is required.

Steve Davies
Internet Africa