Re: Accounting for Radius?

Mury Andrew Johnson (mury@main.goldengate.net)
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 19:54:43 -0500 (CDT)

I have written a simple awk script that tallies user's usage. It's easy
to change it to sort it by biggest users, or alpabetically. With awk you
can do just about anything you want with little effort. I can help you
out a little, or let you see the script files, but I recommend learning
awk. Along the same lines I wrote a script that uses 'pmwho' I forget
who to give credit to that for, that checks the portmaster every 10
minutes and logs the number of people on and divides it by the number of
ports available it prints this out to a file as a graph, so you can track
your peak useage. Also if the portmaster is almost full, the script will
mail employees, and a few users who we have given free accounts to,
telling them to log out.

Once again I can help, but recommend learning awk. There is an O'Reilly
book out on Sed and Awk. It's well worth reading, as are all the
O'Reilly books.

mury@goldengate.net Have GoldenGate Internet Services
(612) 574-2200 Office A Nice PO Box 32031
(612) 574-2444 Fax Day! Fridley, MN 55432